What Does Lessons Cover?
I cover the following subjects in each lesson.
- Note reading. It is very important to recognize notes. Notes are to music as the alphabet is to reading.
- Rhythm. Without rhythm, music is just lifeless. Using different rhythms with the same notes will change a piece of music’s style.
- Techniques. Proper fingering, hand shape, posture, scales, arpeggios, etc.
- Theory. It is the foundation of music.
- Sight reading. This technique is vital. A well trained musician will learn a new piece more efficiently.
- Ear Training. One of the main objectives of ear training is the development of relative pitch, which allows a pianist to identify correct chords or notes.
- Ensembles. This helps students learn to be team players.